|Date Posted||September 14, 2017|
Mining / Oil / Gas
IT/IS Commercial Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity working in a market-leading energy provider who are playing a vital role in helping change the way energy is generated, supplied and used as the UK moves to a low carbon future.
Reporting to the Head of Programmes & Governance within Group Information Solutions, the IT/IS Commercial Manager will develop and execute the IS strategy for the procurement and sourcing of software and services. Liaising with the IS leadership team and group Legal and Procurement teams, the Group IS Manager will identify potential partners and create multi-year framework agreements that provide cost effective resources, services that can be used across the IS teams in the group of companies as and when needed .
The IT/IS Commercial Manager will manage the IS input into new and renewal software/partner tenders; this will involve reviewing contract terms and agreeing SLA/KPIs, initial IS licensing is planned for, and the on-going supplier and partner relationships are actively managed. The role will ensure IS contract terms are adequate and appropriate for the group, and that supplier/partner performance meets agreed terms and SLA/KPIs. The role will ensure compliant financial management and budgetary processes are rigorously enforced and deliver quality and value for money, and the transparent reporting and tracking of IS cost/benefit cases. The role will also have responsibility for the general administration and dashboard reporting of all IS purchasing activity.
As IT/IS Commercial Manager you will:
- Lead the IT Contract, Procurement and Sourcing Strategies, ensuring standard templates and documentation are utilised.
- Work closely with the Procurement team to develop framework agreements
- Manage and control the IS Department's £5m+ annual budget, in compliance with group policies
- Work with finance colleagues to ensure purchase orders are processed and invoices paid within service level agreements. providing accurate and timely monthly accounts, financial analysis and interpretation of spend and monthly/ad hoc budget reports
- Contribute to IS business cases, provide project costing and variance analyses for project funding proposals and support procurements throughout the process to ensure all stakeholders are fully informed and engaged
- Assist in impact assessments and commercial negotiations with IS suppliers and partners (hosting, hardware, software, licensing, professional services and pricing)
- Manage IS contracts and lead service reviews for application, software and infrastructure licences ensure provide usage, cost and account based reports to ensure no breach occurs whilst working closely with the IS Compliance Manager to ensure all audits are passed successfully
- Develop processes for the management and reconciliation of inventory and asset records and help achieve annual planning and forecasting targets
As IT/IS Commercial Manager, you will also have:
- A Procurement or contract management certificate
- Good technical awareness of IT products and/or services
- Significant relevant experience in a comparable contract/procurement/sourcing role of IT products and/or services
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the aability to influence the contracts, procurement and IT sourcing chain
- Experience of business case and impact assessment, as well as developing contract and procurement related documents, (PQQ, ITT, contracts)
- Experience in operating as an IT business partner or account manager to inform business and IT Strategy and plans
- Knowledge of global, EU and UK procurement and contract law and its application to complex multi-supplier IS contracts
- Experience of managing major complex procurements and commercial activities from scoping requirements through to contract award, including developing the business case, designing the evaluation methodology and putting in place a strategy for appropriate risk allocation.
- Strong experience in sourcing and procurement of IT hardware, software and IT services
- Experience in managing inventories and asset registers and keeping them up to date and auditable
- The ability to effectively problem solve and identify ways to mitigate financial risks
- Strong skills and expertise in financial reporting